Part-Time Medical Lab Tutor/Assistant-FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at email@example.com or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with the use of medical lab equipment and instructional materials in the medical labs.
- Provide assistance to the lab instructor with equipment set up and breakdown.
- Assist instructors to check off students on their assigned clinical competency skills check.
- Instruct/assist students with the protocols and rationale for skills being practiced.
- Instruct/assist students with the proper use and function of clinical equipment.
- Supply, equip, and maintain each lab to insure proper organization in the clinical science labs.
- Maintain lab supplies, inventory and records.
- Clean and restock supplies and equipment.
- Dispose of hazardous waste materials.
- Consult, coordinate, and cooperate with faculty/supervisor for medical laboratory activities.
- Monitor condition of equipment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures for checking out equipment, supplies and materials to students.
- Adhere to OSHA Guidelines and lab safety and security.
1. A Lab Assistant License from the State of Nevada or MLS/MT or MLT national certification.
2. Variable work hours including some evenings.
3. Salary based on level of experience.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Medical-Lab-Tutor-Assistant-FY-2021_R0122312
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency