Part-Time Medical Assisting Instructor - FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The responsibilities of part-time Medical Assisting teaching faculty are:
- Meeting all classes at the time, place and length of time designated
- Teaching courses as assigned which correlate with the catalog descriptions and course outlines in a manner designed to assist the student to achieve the specific objectives of the course.
- Providing each student at the beginning of each course with a course outline which may include the following information:
- The goals, objectives and content for the course of study.
- Required and supplementary textbooks to be used.
- Attendance requirements
- Planned schedule of examinations, field trips or other special activities.
- Out-of-class assignment policy.
- Method of evaluating student progress toward an achievement of course goals and objectives, including the method by which the final grade is derived.
- Information about office hour availability and appointment procedures.
- Other information which advises students of those requirements established by the instructor for meeting the course objectives.
- Routinely examining and informing each student of his/her progress toward achieving the course's objectives and competencies.
- Preparing and administering examinations, which measure the student's attainment of the course's objectives.
- Preparing and coordinating weekly lab activities which correlate with the designated competencies.
- Preparing and administering at the prescribed time, a final examination that appropriately measures the student's attainment of the course's objectives and competencies.
- Assigning grades to students.
Meetings and Reports:
- Participate in scheduled MA Instructor meetings.
- Track student competency performance using provided tools and report to Program Director as requested.
Part-time instructors are not specifically evaluated on Professional Development or Service to the College or Community. However, CSN encourages part-time instructors to continue to develop their skills, further their education and contribute to the College and Community through service activities. Therefore, space will be provided on the evaluation form where, as an option, the evaluator can list various activities in which the part-time instructor has been engaged during the evaluation period which contributes to either professional development or College/Community service.
- One (1) year experience working full-time as a medical assistant w/in the last 3yrs
- Active medical assisting credentials; CMA, CCMA, NCMA, or RMA
- Three (3) or more years, full-time experience as a medical assistant
- Lead back office medical assistant title/experience (verifiable)
- Current medical assisting position at a local clinic/facility
- One (1) or more years teaching/training experience (verifiable)
$925.00 Per Instructional Unit
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Henderson-Campus/Part-Time-Medical-Assisting-Instructor_R0123112
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency